Thursday, February 12, 2009
simple, yet a hidden mental block
Years ago I started a novel "My Friends Call me Tonto" about three brothers who went through the civil war, fighting on different sides, and returning returning home with hate, saddness, and a need to be brothers again. Any way Tonto became a mountian man because he couldn't live around other people. He met a young man, who secretly was a woman, who faked being a man throughout the civil war. It was based on the many women who became men, so they could become troops in that war. so went on to die as a man and only then did others know they were really women. The civil war has always been used as a stepping stone to westerns, but writing about a woman being a man in that was, as easy as you would think it would be, turned out to be a chalenge that I could never finish. Like I ended up with so many questions that needed answers to; Like how did those women hide having there Monthly period. What did the use. Anyway I kept as much of my researh as I could in hopes of finishing the story, but even though I still download anything sexual to get answers, I still don't have enough. It seems impossable for them to fake being a man just for one day would be impossable. Anyway writers do have blocks caused by n
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment